The topic for 2016 - 2017 year’s contest is:
RULES AND GUIDELINES:
"John Sevier and his Overmountain Men”.
• Poster will be on standard poster board (22" x 28")
• Any media of drawing material may be used, and students may paste unpublished
material (not commercially printed) on their boards.
• No three dimensional posters will be accepted.
• No group project posters. Each poster must be done by one individual student.
• All entries must have the following information taped to the back of the poster
(the front of the poster must not be signed or labeled): Student data: Name, Address, Home Phone Number, Age, and Grade. School data: Name of Teacher, Name of School, Address, and Sponsoring SAR Chapter: Redlands
Social Security Number will be required for State Winners, before entering in National Contest to be eligible for National Prizes.
• All posters will be judged by the following criteria:
• The subject must conform to the theme for 2016-17, ""John Sevier and his Overmountain Men”",
showing evidence of research. The student may include a short written explanation on the poster concerning symbols used.
1) Does the poster express the annual theme?
2) Does the poster show originality by the student?
3) Does the poster show evidence of research?
4) Does the poster show artistic merit and creativity?
5) Does the poster accurately reflect the historical event?
National Americanism Poster Contest Prizes
Winner: First Place Blue Rosette Ribbon $300 Educational Savings Bond Certificate
1st Runner-up: Second Place Red Rosette Ribbon $200 Educational Savings Bond Certificate
2nd Runner-up: Third Place White Rosette Ribbon $100 Educational Savings Bond Certificate
The local Chapter and State Societies may also present awards and additional prizes.
Entrants must contact Poster Chairman by Feb. 1, 2017 to arrange for judging.
Poster Chairman Daniel Piedlow
Cell phone 760-953-5895
For information on the Americanism Poster Contest: